Shaping the Future of Early Childhood Education
The Government of Alberta is updating laws governing child care in our province. The AFCCA has been asked to provide input, and so have all Alberta day home agencies, educators and parents.
Choosing quality child care is an important decision for any family. It’s important to participate in this opportunity to improve our system.
On behalf of our members, the AFCCA is working hard to empower agencies, regulated operators and parents.
We’re telling the government about what’s most important to you:
● Valuing of the agency model, where day home educators are supported
● Recognizing regulated operators as best-in-class
● Maintaining standards for high-quality care, safety and accountability
● Improving access to education, skills and training for our educators
● Adjusting ratios in regulated day homes, where kids are safest
Fill out these surveys for parents and caregivers, child care educators and child care operators until July 15, 2020.
You can help protect high-quality childhood education.
You can help Alberta parents have better access to safe, regulated, accountable day home services.